Year 13 Careers Entitlement – Sixth Form
During Year 13 students will be working with their own tutor group and year group on a range of careers related activities. They key area will be for students to make well informed decisions on a career pathway suitable to them. Students will be supported with UCAS applications for university, applications for apprenticeships including degree apprenticeships, gap year and employment.
Year 13 students will be doing the following:
- Research on a variety of Universities, apprenticeships (including degree) and employment pathways
- Individual target setting and reflection with college mentor.
- 1-2-1 mentoring during application to University ensuring students get into their first choice of university and course
- 1-2-1 mentoring by Kirk Hallam College team and other members of the school team when required to ensure that all students access the destination of their personal choice.
- Inspiring guest speakers
- Kirk Hallam Careers and Networking Fair - January
- Opportunities to mentor younger students
- University Masterclasses
- Charity Fund raising
- CV and personal profile update
- Enrichment programme both inside and outside of school
- Duke of Edinburgh
- 1-1 support with applications for apprenticeships and employers with a Careers Adviser.
- Support with personal statement writing and application for University from College Destination Coordinator.
- Sign up to Alumni so that they can inspire the next generation and the School and College can continue to celebrate their success.
- Cross Country Success!
KHCA students represent the County at Cross Country (PE - 09/12/2021)
- Christmas Dinner, 2021
Thursday 16th December 2021. (Whole School - 07/12/2021)
- Year 11 Science Revision
Please see below for details of upcoming examinations and revision sessions. (Whole School - 01/11/2021)
- Health & Social Care Apprenticeships
Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care, open to those aged 16+ (Whole School - 22/09/2021)
- Year 7 Football Trials
Friday 17th September, 21 (Whole School - 16/09/2021)