Our Year 9 Personal Development offer:
- Keeping safe & happy
- Intimate relationships
- Online & media
- Subject areas deliver a range of opportunities for our students to develop awareness of these ideas
- In Religious Education we explore whether religion helps people to do good, how people can express the spiritual through the arts and is death the end.
In assemblies we will be looking at a range of ideas such as
- Safer internet day
- LGBTQ+ History month
- Holocaust Memorial Day
- Religious festivals in March – Christian and Hindu
- World poetry day – disability
- Victims of slavery
- Christian religious festivals
- Volunteering week
- PRIDE month
- International friendship week
The four fundamental British values (listed below) are woven into our Personal Development and key to preparing our students for Modern Britain
- Respecting the rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Tolerance and respect of different religions and beliefs
We look at the following ideas
- What is the constitution of the UK?
- What is the free press and why is it important?
- What is local governance?
- Who are our political parties?
- How are other countries governed?
- How can the law help society deal with complex problems?
- How can we improve our school?
Development of Character
- PRIDE is woven into our Personal Development Curriculum
- All aspects of what we learn are linked to PRIDE
- Year groups track and record their character development linked to PRIDE
- Insecure work – zero hours, self and temporary employment
- PAYE, tax, NI, Pensions
- Mortgages – overpaying, equity, equity release
- Running a household
- What is insurance and why is it important?
- Sports clubs – Fitness
- Animal care
- Art club
- Social sciences club
- Coding with microbits
- We have a range of opportunities for students to develop leadership opportunities in school
- KS3 student council
- Subject diplomats
- Form reps
- Sports captains
- Tutor set reps
- Year group forums
Well-being and mental health
This is delivered on a Wednesday as part of well-being Wednesday. We focus on the following:
- Keep learning
- Keep active and take notice
Year 9 plan for the rest of the year:
- Cross Country Success!
KHCA students represent the County at Cross Country (PE - 09/12/2021)
- Christmas Dinner, 2021
Thursday 16th December 2021. (Whole School - 07/12/2021)
- Year 11 Science Revision
Please see below for details of upcoming examinations and revision sessions. (Whole School - 01/11/2021)
- Health & Social Care Apprenticeships
Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care, open to those aged 16+ (Whole School - 22/09/2021)
- Year 7 Football Trials
Friday 17th September, 21 (Whole School - 16/09/2021)